The Golden Healer's Fantasy Emporium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fave badguy with a bad rap.

2 posters

Go down

Fave badguy with a bad rap. Empty Fave badguy with a bad rap.

Post  Chasmira1060 Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:22 pm

So who is your favorite badguy or anti-hero or just plain unliked character who gets a worse ending than you really think he should have? I always like to see badguys turn around; in fact, I usually get crushes on them and imagine conforming them. Cool It was sad when Snape died, especially after the good he tried to do. Draco too seems to end living a miserable life, which sucks considering at least part of what went on in his life was circumstantial, a life chosen by his parents and not himself. And, I will admit I always loved James from Pokemon. Gotta dig that purple hair...
Chasmira1060
Chasmira1060
Golden Healer

https://goldenhealerfantasy.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Fave badguy with a bad rap. Empty Re: Fave badguy with a bad rap.

Post  Sweedle P. Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Hmm, I'd probably say David Xanatos from the animated series Gargoyles -- plans so intricate and cunning, he has his own gambit. While his name is an alternate spelling of Thanatos, the Greek god of death, Xanatos was really just an amoral and ambitious billionaire, a combination that quite often put him at odds with the heroes of the TV show. He later called a truce to the feuding with the gargoyles in order to help them stop another persistent villain of the series from destroying the human race, and, later, pay off a debt for saving his son.

Regarding Xanatos's ultimate fate, I cannot say. The TV show was prematurely canceled, but the story went on for a while in a few different comic book spin-offs. Last I heard, Xanatos had been inducted into the secretive Illuminati and handed a mission.

Xanatos Quotes:
"Gargoyles: Eye of the Beholder" (1995)

Proposing to Fox:
David Xanatos: Marry me.
Fox Renard: Are you serious?
David Xanatos: We're genetically compatible, highly intelligent, and have the same goals.

Regarding Fox's engagement gift that turned her into a werewolf:
David Xanatos: Incredible. If I'd have known the Eye of Odin had that kind of power, I never would have just given it away. Oh well, spilt milk. Let's move on to plan B.

Asking Goliath for help saving her:
Goliath: I have no more love for Fox than for you. Even if what you say is true, why should I help her?
David Xanatos: Because you know what it means to lose someone you love.
Elisa Maza: Don't even think about it, Goliath! Can't you see this is his plan D? If it fails he'll move on to E or F.
Goliath: A noble effort, Xanatos. But another failure. Not a good night for you.

Later that night:
Elisa Maza: You're going to help him, aren't you?
Goliath: Yes.
David Xanatos: [Xanatos enters the alley] Good.
Elisa Maza: How did you find us?
David Xanatos: [Walks up to Goliath and removes the bug he planted] Old habits die hard . . . She's not far from here.

While getting into a helicopter after they saved Fox:
David Xanatos: So now you know my weakness.
Goliath: Only you would regard love as a weakness.
. . .
Owen Burnett: Actually Mr. Xanatos, I believe he's right. You've never looked more heroic.
David Xanatos: A momentary lapse, I assure you.
Sweedle P.
Sweedle P.
Cheeb

http://www.webook.com/member/SweedleP

Back to top Go down